Deciding to become a competitive gymnast is a complex decision. "Welcome to the Team!" manual helps to explain the
responsibilities of the gymnast and family members. The focus is on making the family part of the team effort.
The "Welcome to the Team" manual comes to you on a CD-ROM (published using MS Word 97) so you can edit this
manual and customize it for your program.
|Excerpt from the Introduction to:
Welcome to the Team
The purpose of this book is to deliver a starting point for each gymnastics business to develop a team manual that is unique
to their competitive program. The benefit of having this CD is that you will have a template from which to develop your
team manual without having to create the document from scratch.
- “To compete, or not to compete”
- Competitive Program Policies
- Current staff members list
- Emergency contact information
- Glossary of gymnastics terms
- Gymnast selection criteria/ meets
- Cover page for the manual
- Meet etiquette - gymnasts
- Mission Statement – club / team
- Parent Acknowledgement Form
- Resolution Clarification Form
- Restaurant / Travel Guidelines
- Welcome to the Team! - preface
- Yearly Schedule – club activities
A division of Richardson Publishing, Inc.